You see, I do not have the time.

In light of current events, it has been on my heart to share with whoever might be willing to read my thoughts. The timeline of events over the last week or so concerning the Coronavirus honestly makes my head spin to go back and think it all through. From hearing about a couple quarantined cruise ships to people stealing hazmat suits and surgical masks to hysteria and hoarding of food and supplies, it seems more than a little surreal.

As of a couple days ago, public and private university classes have been shut down by government command. Businesses asking employees to work from home if at all possible. Then today, all K-12 schools to be shut down for 3 weeks by command of governor DeWine's protocol.

It takes a lot to rattle my cage, especially in the realms of sickness. I have watched a lot of end of the world and zombie apocalypse movies, and I think I could handle it. I'm not a survivalist or doomsday prepper, but it is amazing what we are capable of when we are forced to survive and provide.

I was out last night to get a few groceries, mainly milk and bread, and ice cream... The canned goods at my local Aldi and Walmart were all but wiped out. No toilet paper in stores - or online, I have come to find out! The hysteria first made me chuckle, then annoyed me when it took 25 minutes to check out with diapers and wipes, then it began to seep into my heart just a little bit...

Maybe they know something that I don't? What if I am the only one not stocked up on food and household goods? What if we do get sick? What if we can't get to a doctor?? What if something happens to me or my children???

The "what ifs" began piling up on my back and in my mind like a thousand physical pounds. My breath became a bit more shallow and rapid, and I could feel my old friend, Anxiety, creeping up behind me. His long fingers pushing down hard on my chest. His words filling in the answers to those questions with death and fear and darkness. I drove to a third store and finally gave up on toilet paper.

That heaviness stayed with me last night through the small hours of the morning and into today. I did not share it with my husband or anyone else, because logically I knew I was being a bit silly. But Satan doesn't really care about things being silly. That is where he finds his foothold. - our weakness.

Dave and I had decided to fast today for other reasons, but God knew this was part of the purpose that he put fasting on my heart.

This afternoon, my children persuaded me to go outside and play for awhile. It wasn't sunny, but the breeze was warm and the air smelled of spring. Upon walking outside, my breath caught in my chest, when I saw my first serious sign of spring - my pretty purple crocuses! Tears pooled in the corners of my eyes, and Lucy, who is always so observant said, "Oh mama. I know it is so beautiful, isn't it??" She was, of course, right but that was not why I was teary-eyed. 

In the midst of the turmoil of my thoughts, it was the Spirit of the Lord whispering into my heart...

"And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. 
27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." 
Luke 12:22-23, 27
You see, beloved, I do not have the time to spend worrying and fearing about the unknown. It is waste, and one of Satan's greatest weapons against us. He does not care if we are ready for his attacks. He is a roaring lion, a hunter, seeking, training, learning our weaknesses, honing his skills, and setting the trap - ready to devour.

Proverbs 18:21a says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue." Every aspect of our lives is determined first by words. The words that we dwell on become our thoughts. Our thoughts become our actions. Our actions become our habits. Our habits become our strongholds.

Where are you strongholds? Are they strongholds of life and hope and peace? Or strongholds of fear and depression and addiction? My God is greater than anything this world can do to me. Physical harm, sickness, accidents...none of it takes me out of His hand. I could die today, and while my flesh might fear, my heart and my soul will take refuge and peace with Him. Take a moment think about the words that are ruling your life right now. You have a choice concerning the tv you watch, music and radio you listen to, and the people who speak into your life. Turn off social media - do not let fear rule you today! Open your Bible - let the light of Christ rid your life of those dark places!

That's my Jesus! Do you know Him? Take a few minutes and be introduced to my Jesus!
"That's My King" Dr. S.M. Lockridge

Comments

Popular Posts